Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New JB4 Install-Misfires

Hello,
    Totally new to this kind of tuning, so presume I know nothing.
    I just finished installing:
    -JB4 w/FSB
    -Meth system (boost Juice 49/51)
    200cell DP
    BMS Intake
    TU- HPFP

Primed meth pump, set on map 7, meth tab signal scaling to 60, boost additive to 40, as per instructions.

Took it out for test drive and checked codes;

Got 140602 cylinder 6 misfire
    140002 misfire multiple cylinders

I also got the O2 Sensor cel, I put a 90d O2 spacer in, not really worried about that one.

But the misfires have me worried!

Any help?

Hopefully this helps

Another edit: this car only has 7500miles on it, Bought it with 5600mi, had it to dealership for electrical taillight glitch, but no other issues.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NedMorHP; 09-20-2022, 12:16 PM.

Please upload a log for review, thank you!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Comment

What plugs and what are they gaped to?

Click on our banner to visit our website!
      Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.

Comment

Its a 2018 M240i with 7500mi on it, factory plugs, factory gap. It may have resolved itself? Perhaps as the engine was adjusting to the tune?

I erased the codes, and been driving it with just a little spirted driving and the only codes I got again was the expected 'delayed response 02'

Since the misfire codes have not reappeared, I'll do an another pull and see what happens.

I want to ensure current mods are working properly before I install the Vargus turbo. When I do the turbo swap, I was going to go 1 step colder plugs.

Comment

Working...
        X