Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my JB4 installed on my Powerboost. I have plenty of access to 93 octane, and have a Roush intake on it... I saw on the first post that the Raptor was set to map7 on E20.

Do you think map7 with 93 E10 (pump gas around here) would be alright for it? I don't care to put race fuel in it but would like the 7psi boost increase.

I'm currently running Map3 and it seems to be taking it well.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by BAustin93 View Post
      Just got my JB4 installed on my Powerboost. I have plenty of access to 93 octane, and have a Roush intake on it... I saw on the first post that the Raptor was set to map7 on E20.

Do you think map7 with 93 E10 (pump gas around here) would be alright for it? I don't care to put race fuel in it but would like the 7psi boost increase.

I'm currently running Map3 and it seems to be taking it well.

Thanks in advance!
      To follow up with this post... I noticed some knock on Map3 with just 93, so I filled up and mixed it to E30, now there is no knock. I did see that my boost never got up over 20psi. Is this common? On factory map I would see 20 lbs pretty regularly... Any thoughts on this?

I attached the log. It is one good pull in 4th gear.

Thanks again,
      Braden
      Attached Files

Comment

• Per email all looks normal.
        Burger Motorsports
        Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Comment

• How are the JB4 gains on the 2019 3.5 EB with just 91 octane? I can't get anything else (not even E85) anywhere near where I live. Anyone using just 91 (probably no more than map 1 or maybe map 2)?
          SOLD: 2018 Q50 Luxe 3.0t AWD. JB4, Mishimoto HE. No other mods

Comment

• I'd guess around 40whp, well worth it still.
            Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry @ BMS View Post
              I'd guess around 40whp, well worth it still.
              SOLD: 2018 Q50 Luxe 3.0t AWD. JB4, Mishimoto HE. No other mods

Comment

• I just purchased a JB4 for my 2020 Raptor. I only have 87, 89, and 93 octane available here in my area. I only plan on running Map 1, is 89 fine or would you recommend running 93?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• 91 octane is what the car needs to be using bone stock. I would recommend 93 octane and Map 2 to start. Since you will be running 93 octane, you shouldn't have any issues in map 3 as well, but we will want to see a map 2 datalog first.
                  Burger Motorsports

Comment

• Originally posted by dbraptor View Post
                    I just purchased a JB4 for my 2020 Raptor. I only have 87, 89, and 93 octane available here in my area. I only plan on running Map 1, is 89 fine or would you recommend running 93?

Thanks in advance
                    We always suggest running the highest octane fuel you can, especially when running performance maps. I'd avoid the 89 personally or go to map0 when running it.
                    Burger Motorsports

Comment

• 2022 Lincoln Navigator

Hi there.

I recently seen some video of a Hennesy Tune @600HP and some other tunes, but I think your solution is perfect. I don't want to take a $115K Custom Lincoln and flash it or void the warranty.

So w/ that said, I had a 2021 Aviator, that thing was fast as Hell, but it had a roof leak that was so bad, it was in and out of the shop for 5 months and Ford flew in an Engineer, so they bought it back and hooked me up on the Navigator.

I want to increase the HP & Torque, but I don't want to get stupid. Do you have any data on this? I'm assuming it's the same gen as the 2021 motor?

Also, I'm thinking of replacing the stock exaust and replacing...something like Borla? Any input of thoughts?

Thanks in advance! Don

Comment

• JB4 is a great way to add a ton of power in an easy to install and remove format. How much power just depends on the fuel used and how aggressively you want to run the tuning which you control via the app.
                        Burger Motorsports

Comment

• Quick question... I have a 2016 Explorer Sport, ecoboost.

Do I need to use one-step colder plugs. upgraded, 3 bar MAF or Lower temp. thermostat? The traditionals flash tuners seem to all require this.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPLGT View Post
                            Quick question... I have a 2016 Explorer Sport, ecoboost.

Do I need to use one-step colder plugs. upgraded, 3 bar MAF or Lower temp. thermostat? The traditionals flash tuners seem to all require this.

Thanks in advance.
                            When running higher boost it's typically best to upgrade and properly gap the plugs.

Pretty sure those already have a 3bar TMAP...no? If it's a 2.5 bar, you'd need to upgrade to the 3 bar to run more than 21psi of boost.

Thermostat would be optional.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
                            Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.

Comment

• Hi there,

I recently bought the JB4 tuner for my 2013 f150. I am having issues with my blow off valve opening and closing randomly even under idle. When I unplug the tune, the clicking noise at the BOV goes away. I also did a couple 0-60 pulls and was wondering if someone can take a look at the logs for me. I want to ensure it’s safe and still learning about all the parameters.
                              I can email the CSV file.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tunderwood89 View Post
                                Hi there,

I recently bought the JB4 tuner for my 2013 f150. I am having issues with my blow off valve opening and closing randomly even under idle. When I unplug the tune, the clicking noise at the BOV goes away. I also did a couple 0-60 pulls and was wondering if someone can take a look at the logs for me. I want to ensure it’s safe and still learning about all the parameters.
                                I can email the CSV file.

Thanks!
                                Try switching the JB4's MAP sensor connections. For logs just email them to me [email protected]
                                Burger Motorsports

Comment

• Ive got a 2016 f150 with the 2.7 i have the jb4 if i get the fuel it ethanol sensor and hook it to the jb4 will the jb4 use the info to help tune or not?
                                  Last edited by Paulhill; 05-08-2022, 06:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulhill View Post
                                    Ive got a 2016 f150 with the 2.7 i have the jb4 if i get the fuel it ethanol sensor and hook it to the jb4 will the jb4 use the info to help tune or not?
                                    Yes it will let the JB4 read the E85 mixture. Right now we don't have that JB4 setup to autotune for E85 but we will add that in the future.
                                    Burger Motorsports

Comment

• Is there any point to using a pedal commander type device with the JB4?
                                      Last edited by Vootman; 05-22-2022, 06:15 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Originally posted by Vootman View Post
                                        Is there any point to using a pedal commander type device with the JB4?
                                        Our pedal tuner is fully JB4 compatible.
                                        Burger Motorsports

Comment

• Anyone running a Ford V3 on an F150 have time to do a couple logs? Working on in dash map switching for the Ford Bronco and want to see if the same commands carry over to the new F150.
                                          Burger Motorsports

Comment

Anyone running a Ford V3 on an F150 have time to do a couple logs? Working on in dash map switching for the Ford Bronco and want to see if the same commands carry over to the new F150.
                                            my jb4 should be showing up today and i can try it out this weekend once its installed if you dont have anyone lined up.

2022 3.5 EB

Gotta say im excited for it. after running the jb4 for nearly a decade on my 335, cant wait to get back in to it. Any plans for incorporating backend flashes?

Comment

Anyone running a Ford V3 on an F150 have time to do a couple logs? Working on in dash map switching for the Ford Bronco and want to see if the same commands carry over to the new F150.
                                              Sure! I just installed the JB4 today on my '22 F150.

What kind of logs do you need?

Comment

• Hello All. (Long post)

I had 2 - 2020 F150 3.5 ecoboosts, for one I bought a JB4, and had issues with shifting. As it turned out, the truck had a cursed transmission and nothing fixed the poor shifting, even custom tuning, suggesting the issue was mechanical. I ended up with both trucks 5 start tuned and one was great, the other was nice to drive, powerful, but had the odd extremely rough shift. (seemed like an error in the zip shift logic for tech geeks) Anyhow, I ended up doing my own custom tune through HPTuners on that truck, and it was the best of all the tunes I tried, 87-91 tune, lots of torque, flat power to 6k, with 6K shift point in most gears. Anyhow, both are sold.

A quick note on the 2022's; the stock tune is reasonably responsive, but the shifting is downright excellent. Excessively torque managed of course, but quick, snappy and well timed while accelerating, if a little quick to chase 10th gear. The shifting mimics some of the tuner shifting I experienced from various tuners on a variety of trucks.

I now have 2 - 2022 F150 Lariats, both SCREWS. One truck I have is a short wheelbase 5.0 with a Stage 2 Whipple supercharger, not relevant to this forum.

The other truck, a 3.5EB, Long Wheelbase, is the truck that I joined to post about. As mentioned the stock tune is pretty great, shifting, power, and so on. The only obvious issues are; throttle response, WOT delay, and of course, power. I tried a LMS tune, and liked nothing about it. The power gains were not apparent, it had greatly exaggerated throttle sensitivity, and the shifting was like having a kid kicking my seat during light throttle shifts. It held gears a little better but I was not pleased. LMS was gracious and granted a return.

Thinking that a JB4 and pedal tuner would work better, I ordered and installed both this week. FANTASTIC! Much happier than I was with the LMS tune. I skipped map 1, tried map 2 (good), and then straight to map 3. I tried it with 91 octane (good), and then 94 ( a little smoother, consistent and a bit more powerful).

With the JB4 on my 2022 - 2 things I didn't understand or care for, was that boost came on hard at 3K, and fell off after 5K rpm, and the stock shift points on my truck are 5750rpm or so. I found a bunch of power on my 2020 by increasing load (boost) above 5k rpm, and setting the shifts near 6K. This worked really well even with 87 octane, as the cylinder pressures are lower at that rpm, so knock was never an issue. I then realized that the JB4 has a custom map available. I dialed in the following

RPM - BOOST
                                                2500 - 2
                                                3000 - 3
                                                3500 - 4
                                                3500 - 4
                                                4000 - 4
                                                ​4500 - 4
                                                ​5000 - 4
                                                5500 - 5
                                                ​6000 - 5

Boost ramps in smoothly now, and maintains >20psi to <21psi at WOT most of the time, right into the shift. The truck runs great, quite the rocket compared to stock. and not falling off at rpm makes it a beast for passing, and much quicker than the other maps I tried. I will note that one reason I was comfortable with these settings is previous tuning on the 3.5, but also, the stock tune has incredibly aggressive safeties built in including the manifold charge temp corrections. I was able to safely run 20 psi of boost on our local 87 octane pump gas. 21psi on 91, 22psi on 94

Question for Burger peoples; I'm curious why the boost curve isn't smoother on the bottom and flatter on top on the presets?

Comment

• On the maps they are based around maximizing torque since that is what most customers want. But we've always got map6 there for those who want to play around themselves.
                                                  Burger Motorsports

Comment

• That makes sense, it sure has a torque hit with the pre-installed maps.

What an amazing piece of engineering, I honestly much prefer this over the LMS tune I had.

Comment

• Couple questions.

Map 4 on the app is labeled E30 plus, on the sticky valet mode. Can we confirm what that map does.

On the alpha update, the IATs and the HPFP displays aren’t working. Just FYI.

Has anybody tried running higher Ethanol on Map 5?

I’m seeing 22.9 psi on my controller, how high can I bump the boost safety?

what blocks should I be monitoring? HPFP?
                                                      Is there a Knock Counter I can log?

Thanks in advance!

Jordan

Comment

On the maps they are based around maximizing torque since that is what most customers want. But we've always got map6 there for those who want to play around themselves.
                                                        Any chance you could add the OAR and KnockR PIDS please? IAT2 is also a better PID as I believe that is manifold temp, which determines the derate schedule for available power.

These are 3 very important PIDs on Fords.

Comment

• Is there a firmware history somewhere? I scanned this thread (albeit quickly) and didn't see it.
                                                          Also - can someone give me some sort of magic decoder since the firmware file names do not match up with the firmware version listed in the app?
                                                          Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by thwyld1 View Post
                                                            Is there a firmware history somewhere? I scanned this thread (albeit quickly) and didn't see it.
                                                            Also - can someone give me some sort of magic decoder since the firmware file names do not match up with the firmware version listed in the app?
                                                            Thanks!
                                                            There isn't a history of firmware changes maintained outside of what is in the app.
                                                            Burger Motorsports

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleepys4 View Post
                                                              what blocks should I be monitoring? HPFP?
                                                              Is there a Knock Counter I can log?

Thanks in advance!

Jordan
                                                              Global timing corrections appear under "timingAVG". With E85 mixtures fuel pressure high is normally the limiting factor so you'll want to keep an eye on that.

Burger Motorsports

Comment

Global timing corrections appear under "timingAVG"…..
                                                                That number only goes one way, Fords dynamically correct to add or remove up to 6 degrees of timing.

I assume what is shown is timing retard, is there a way to see the timing add as well?

Comment

• OK. I read all 831 posts before asking.
                                                                  Of course that doesn't mean that it's a good question, but I was just wondering......

Installed a new JB4 on a 2022 Powerboost last night. I did take a look at the PIDs that the JB4 app has available for monitoring, but like a few folks have mentioned, there are PIDs that I am spoiled with and therefore will be using a different app while driving the truck.

So the question is, are the PID values that I am monitoring still legitimate values with the JB4 connected and doing its magic? Admittedly I don't have a clear understanding of how the JB4 accomplishes its mission, but I know that it "fools" the ECU. So I was just wondering if there ARE any PIDs that would not be reporting accurately?

Here are the PIDs I monitor:

(The top is ICE data, the bottom is Hybrid data)

Comment

• Im getting the P04DB code when running the JB4 in a 2020 Nav in map 1 or 2. Remove the JB4 and clear codes and they stay away. Reinstall and within a day they are back. I saw that some revisions were made to fix this and Im running the latest firmware. Are there any future plans to address this further? Or some other fix perhaps? Thank you! With code car runs fine, no issues, just sick of the CEL light.

Comment

• Originally posted by gbrowndsl1 View Post
                                                                      Im getting the P04DB code when running the JB4 in a 2020 Nav in map 1 or 2. Remove the JB4 and clear codes and they stay away. Reinstall and within a day they are back. I saw that some revisions were made to fix this and Im running the latest firmware. Are there any future plans to address this further? Or some other fix perhaps? Thank you! With code car runs fine, no issues, just sick of the CEL light.
                                                                      There is an option on the user adjustment page for vehicles that get that false alarm fault code.
                                                                      Burger Motorsports

Comment

Working...
                                                                      X