X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB4 Map 4 e30 vs Lap3 1.5 e30 Log

Thoughts?! From a friend.
    Attached Files

A lot of timing being pulled on that Lap3 log probably due to a little more boost and timing. I wouldn't want to run my car hard with that much timing being pulled.

Comment

That’s what I thought too. I was thing of switching to ecu tune .

Comment

I've seen some pretty weird timing correction trends on the lap3 flash maps. I'm not sure yet if its something in the flash itself causing false data somehow (seems unlikely) or if its a real issue with knock given their very aggressive timing profile. I'd encourage anyone running it to keep an eye on timing corrections in the meantime.
        Burger Motorsports
        Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Comment

Okay here is the reply from David Chung.

timing correction means completely different between oem ecu and LAP3 ECU. Our ECU Tunes for the 3.3T platform is engineered to run on high adaptation range values for timing. So it is normal to see 5-8 degree of timing adjustment on minimum required octane, and they can work their way up to make additional power up to ~50WHP on top of the minimum rated power output.

For example, Stage1.5 ECU Tune will put down about 410-430WHP range with 93 octane, and able to advance up to 470-480WHP range with better fuel without re-tuning for higher stages. All stages from 1.0 to 2.0 can make additional power up to 50WHP through using better fuel & our tuning. That's what makes our ECU Tune superior over others. Just like our customer here was able to make 480WHP+ with Stage1.5 w/ WMI & 11.2 @ 125MPH at the track. This kind of tuning capability & adaptability is not possible with a JB4.​

Comment

Originally posted by StingerGTRWD View Post
            Okay here is the reply from David Chung.

timing correction means completely different between oem ecu and LAP3 ECU. Our ECU Tunes for the 3.3T platform is engineered to run on high adaptation range values for timing. So it is normal to see 5-8 degree of timing adjustment on minimum required octane, and they can work their way up to make additional power up to ~50WHP on top of the minimum rated power output.

For example, Stage1.5 ECU Tune will put down about 410-430WHP range with 93 octane, and able to advance up to 470-480WHP range with better fuel without re-tuning for higher stages. All stages from 1.0 to 2.0 can make additional power up to 50WHP through using better fuel & our tuning. That's what makes our ECU Tune superior over others. Just like our customer here was able to make 480WHP+ with Stage1.5 w/ WMI & 11.2 @ 125MPH at the track. This kind of tuning capability & adaptability is not possible with a JB4.​
            He's basically telling you that they've tuned all their flash maps to knock and pull timing except under the most ideal high octane circumstances. This certainly explains the ugly timing profiles we're seeing out of their flash maps lately. I'd expect a tuning strategy this short sided out of someone like Tork but Lap3 doing that with their very aggressive 20 degree timing advance maps that they charge so much for? Really unbelievable.

I'm helping another one of their customers who continues to have major timing pull on the lap 2.5 flash. Here is a log on E40 with no CPI, and another on E78 with 100% CPI. It still has major corrections and a very ugly ignition profile.
            Attached Files
            Burger Motorsports
            Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Comment

Working...
            X