Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logs & Questions for Elantra N

Hey guys,

I installed the JB4 and PNP fuel wire adapter on my 2022 Elantra N DCT yesterday. Today I was able to do a couple data logs and dragy runs on maps 4 and 5.

My best trap speed on map 5 was 111 MPH which I am pretty happy with. This is on ~E30 fuel.

I read the first post of "JB4 Logging Parameters" and learned quite a bit in a few mins. It was very helpful.

Am I correct in the following observations?

FP_H (high pressure fuel flow) seems to be where it should be? It's not dropping up top right?

Ign_2, 3 and 4 (timing correction) seems to be about where it should be at 0.8 to 1.5 degrees of timing correction for most of the run?

Trims (short term fuel trim) was between 31-40 for most of the run. There was a little bit of a spike to 50+ in 2nd gear but in the higher gears it was low to mid 30's. So I probably don't want to go much higher than ~E30 fuel then right?

Is "afr" an accurate air fuel ratio or is it going to be off because I'm running E30? Is there a way to have JB4 log raw lambda instead of the calculated AFR?

Do all of the "advanced" settings in the JB4 app, such as Fuel Bias, Duty Bias, Boost Safety, PID Gain, etc. apply to ALL maps except map 0? Or do these settings only apply to Map 6?

The attached log is from a 0-130 MPH run where I was using the factory launch control system in the beginning.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Log: en_map_5_e30.csv

Click image for larger version  Name:	en_dragy3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	38.3 KB ID:	813939
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 22EN; 09-18-2022, 12:48 PM.

Log looks OK overall. You can use the dragy to compare with say map3 and map4 to see if the additional boost requested is doing anything for performance.

Trims, AFR, timing corrections, all appear normal. Fuel pressure has a little dip but isn't too bad. AFR in JB4 logs is accurate.

PID gain, duty, etc, apply to EWG connectors which are not enabled on your platform. So you'd only be using map6 boost if doing a map6 profile.

Attached Files
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry @ BMS View Post
      Log looks OK overall. You can use the dragy to compare with say map3 and map4 to see if the additional boost requested is doing anything for performance.

Trims, AFR, timing corrections, all appear normal. Fuel pressure has a little dip but isn't too bad. AFR in JB4 logs is accurate.

PID gain, duty, etc, apply to EWG connectors which are not enabled on your platform. So you'd only be using map6 boost if doing a map6 profile.

Thanks Terry, I had that same little 2nd gear dip in fuel pressure on map 0 too.

I tried doing some map 4, 5 and 6 testing last night with Dragy and experienced some DCT slippage on the higher boost runs. Can anything be done to alleviate that besides going back down to the lower boost maps?​

Comment

There shouldn't be any slippage I wouldn't think. When do you think it's slipping?
        Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Comment

Originally posted by 22EN View Post

Thanks Terry, I had that same little 2nd gear dip in fuel pressure on map 0 too.

I tried doing some map 4, 5 and 6 testing last night with Dragy and experienced some DCT slippage on the higher boost runs. Can anything be done to alleviate that besides going back down to the lower boost maps?​
          For DCT cars that is a higher risk at higher targets. There is no easy way to resolve it on the JB4 end, so normally a TCU flash for example is needed if it becomes an issue.
          Burger Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by Terry @ BMS View Post

For DCT cars that is a higher risk at higher targets. There is no easy way to resolve it on the JB4 end, so normally a TCU flash for example is needed if it becomes an issue.
            Thanks Terry. Someone who tunes a lot of ENs said a back end flash would take care of this issue since he raises both the engine and transmission torque limits within the ECU calibration. Thought I might give it a try since it has a money back guarantee.

I have a couple more questions for you if you don't mind:

1) Is the WGDC in the data log accurate at WOT? I noticed when you're off the throttle it's still at 50. I'm curious if I really have that much headroom left in the turbo?
            2) If I get the ECU tune, would it be a good idea to disable the JB4's control over the fueling/leaning out of the AFR for the first pull when I data log the car? Reason I ask is because the ECU tune is also supposed to lean out the AFR by 1-1.5 points...
            3) When trims are at 50, does that mean the ECU is adding as much fuel to the short term fuel trims as it can? Reason I ask is because I think I saw it once or twice go over 50 at one or two timestamps. Is it adding the same fuel at 50 as it is at say 53?

New Dragy runs & log are here: https://www.jb4tech.com/forum/model-...-elantra-n-dct

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X