Log check - Low throttle/boost with Launch Control G70 3.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log check - Low throttle/boost with Launch Control G70 3.3

Picked up the full JB4 kit with intakes/plugs etc, just getting used to things and running some tests, have descent experience tuning other vehicles but I'm wondering if this issue is normal.

I know logs from a dig aren't great but I'm wondering if this is expected behavior with JB4 & launch control.

For whatever reason pedal is 100% but throttle and boost is severely cut until about 3k RPM, then it kicks in like a wall. No changes to any maps running them out of the box atm. The 0-60 estimate also went down after installing the intakes which seems odd also. No TC no wheelspin.

2022 G70 3.3
    94 octane
    Intakes only, factory plugs temporarily

P21_M1_R1_220922_2140.csv is Map1 launch control
    P21_M1_R2_220922_2020.csv is Map2 with 2 runs, 1st run is another launch control, 2nd run is a 3rd gear pull

Any feedback would be great!
    Attached Files

Without even looking at the logs, the JB does not override the TCU nanny's built in. No matter what you do, you will be limited just like a stock car during a LC. You need a TCU tune.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDGT2 View Post
      Without even looking at the logs, the JB does not override the TCU nanny's built in. No matter what you do, you will be limited just like a stock car during a LC. You need a TCU tune.
      Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking too, the problem is it feels more restrictive than stock, bogs right down right off the launch much more noticably.

If anyone can take a look at the logs that'd be awesome, just concerned something may not be connected quite right.

Comment

Few things. First you have a very old firmware version (22) I think he's got 26 or 27 posted now so update it as soon as you can. With factory LC, the throttle wont even open up until 20-30 mph and there always seems to be a lag until you either get a TCU, do the brake snip, or the brake light fuse switch. Last, the logs look OK by means of the tune and functionality. The bad news it your map2 run doesn't look good with those factory plugs in and the timing deviations show that. They are not good enough for that Map nor is the gap set properly. I'd stick with Map1 until you get some good 2 step plugs in but overall your car is doing fine.

Comment

Ok cool, thanks for the feedback. I updated firmware this morning, not much difference but I'll give it a few days of testing.
          I have the Denso plugs I'll be putting those in the next few days and repost logs
          Map2 was really just a curiosity thing but I won't be running that again until plugs are done
          Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X