Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting, thanks for the feedback. Will follow up via email.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Comment

• hello people, i'm new here, i just installed the jb4 in my bmw m5 f90 2020. i have it with ********* and intakes, what mix do you recommend to run map 5? I already tried map 3 with e20 and it improved a lot. with the firmware in the app it says that I have the 24/9 // 5, should I update it? sorry for so many questions😂 thank🙏🏻

Comment

• 2018 M5 with RK Tunes Intakes and catted AA exhaust. CC brakes and forged wheels sitting on 295/30/20 and 305/30/20 MPS4S. On factory tune, I would break loose at WOT at 50 or under and when using launch control, it would break loose almost immediately, triggering an AWD malfunction error which put in in RWD mode. Never read the code because it clears within 30 seconds on its own.

With the JB4, I now have Map 1 and see that I can adjust boost by RPM as well as some other parameters... What setting or setting are you guys using to actually have traction and launch the car?

Comment

• Originally posted by f90_agus_f80 View Post
          hello people, i'm new here, i just installed the jb4 in my bmw m5 f90 2020. i have it with ********* and intakes, what mix do you recommend to run map 5? I already tried map 3 with e20 and it improved a lot. with the firmware in the app it says that I have the 24/9 // 5, should I update it? sorry for so many questions😂 thank🙏🏻
          Lets see that log on map 3 and we can go from there. ...and yes, always best to run the latest firmware.

Originally posted by Antonio1988 View Post
          2018 M5 with RK Tunes Intakes and catted AA exhaust. CC brakes and forged wheels sitting on 295/30/20 and 305/30/20 MPS4S. On factory tune, I would break loose at WOT at 50 or under and when using launch control, it would break loose almost immediately, triggering an AWD malfunction error which put in in RWD mode. Never read the code because it clears within 30 seconds on its own.

With the JB4, I now have Map 1 and see that I can adjust boost by RPM as well as some other parameters... What setting or setting are you guys using to actually have traction and launch the car?
          Besty just to play with the amount of boost reduction needed...that'll vary based on a variety of conditions. Power, surface, temperature, etc but being AWD should make it less of an issue.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
          Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.

Comment

• Log

2021 M8Comp GC (7/20 production)
            Bms Intakes
            AZ 91 octane

Edit: The forum won’t let me post the link

Comment

• Hi, did anyone find a fix to over-boost in 6th or 7th gear. I have started to have similar issue at high rpm’s only for gears6 or higher. I have a stage 2 tune and fully built forged engine. Car is supposed to be at 28-30 psi but in those gears at high rpm it over-boosts to 34-35 psi and I get 120719 which I can clear and drive normal again. Any help would be appreciated. I never had this issue before. I have had this tune for a while but it started recently. Also I’m running progressive meth and e45.

Comment

• code issues

these popped up today. By chance anyone seen an issue with the wiring to the JB4.

120408 Charging pressure control: Switch-off as consequential reaction

121301 boost pressure sensor 2, plausibility, coastdown: Pressure too high

Service Plan
                - Check wiring harness
                - Replace boost pressure sensor

Comment

• Originally posted by evanaswan View Post
                  I ran non EWG for a few months. Just connected them. Ran for 5 days no issues then hard on the throttle today and drive train malfunction and this code. 120719 Charging pressure control: Charging pressure too high dme8ff_l Digital Engine Electronics 2.

Does this mean to much boost??

I'm running the latest version of firmware. Version 11. Did you get a fix to this?/?/??
                  2021 f96 93 high grade octane. Map 2. I will log in the morning Map 0, Map 1, Map 2, Map 3. See where the issue is. Seems it's a pressure

Bud can u specify how did u connect ewg on f96. I’m lost as my research hasn’t given me any info. Thx

Comment

• I've got a 2021 F90 M5 Comp and am thinking of getting a JB4. Would love some advice.

I'm planning to keep the hardware stock, and I do a lot of track driving, so I'm looking for a reliable setup that can handle 30 minute sessions out on track (like the stock car currently can).

In the UK our top fuel is 99 RON ie 95 AKI / US-equivalent so that's what I always use.

Three questions:

What map options / power increases would be available on the JB4 with that fuel and stock hardware?

Is there any point in connecting the wastegate cables or will that not achieve any power increases in my proposed setup?

I've seen a lot of errors and warnings on this thread. Can the JB4 set up to be bulletproof and reliable for intense track driving (vs one-off drag runs, or normal driving)?

Thank you in advance, appreciate all pointers.

Comment

• EWG

Originally posted by Gtatx View Post
                      Bud can u specify how did u connect ewg on f96. I’m lost as my research hasn’t given me any info. Thx

Have to remove the turbo inlet for the drivers side connector and the air box for the passenger side. It's a bitch on the drivers side.

I got my JB4 unit back from Terry after it thru pressure and loose connection, solenoid code. It was the connector and I have more consistent power now. almost like it wasn't fully speaking.

Comment

• Map Options for 2022 M8 Competition GC

I just had a JB4 installed in my 2022 M8 Competition Gran Coupe.
                        I fill my car up with Shell V-Power Nitrol+ 93 octane (I don’t plan on mixing gas).
                        I updated my JB4 to Firmware Version: 24/9//5.
                        I’m currently using Map 2. Is Map 3 available to me as an option? Are there performance benefits? Just hoping to squeeze every ounce of fun from my car.
                        Thanks in advance for recommendations/suggestions!

Comment

• Might be a dumb question but I am doing the EWG driver side install and noticing the jb4 wires are pretty close to the turbo inlets. Are there any reports of these melting with how hot these cars get, and should I be applying some electrical tape around these wires to be safe? Thanks.

Comment

• We haven't had any issues, just make sure they're not touching the exhaust side.
                            Burger Motorsports
                            Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Comment

Working...
                            X