This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djpapeleta360 View Post
    Hi. I just installed Jb4 and running map 2 on my G83. When launching I get tons of wheel spin on Michelin Sports tires. Attached are my logs. I was running firmware 46/5/5 at the time. I downloaded the latest firmware and have not gone on another run.
    Are you RWD? What fuel are you running?

I would lower FF to 40
    And maybe put boost by gear value 3 in 1st gear, that might help.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Comment

• Im on xdrive running default stage 2 map. Can the default maps be adjusted?

Comment

• Originally posted by djpapeleta360 View Post
        Hi. I just installed Jb4 and running map 2 on my G83. When launching I get tons of wheel spin on Michelin Sports tires. Attached are my logs. I was running firmware 46/5/5 at the time. I downloaded the latest firmware and have not gone on another run.
        Try setting 1st gear to 3psi in the app to reduce boost off the line!
        Burger Motorsports
        Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Comment

• 2022 X3 S58 Map 2 log

Sorry for only 1 log. I actually recorded 2 logs per map, map2, map3, map4, and map 5. All done on a pump/race gas/ethanol blend coming out to about e32-33 97-98 octane. Sadly this is the only log that is saved. If you could please take a look and I will update my app to do more logs once I fill the tank with the good stuff again.

Also, BC button for exhaust flaps seems not to work. Any help would be great.

Attached Files

Comment

• What map would you use for say 110 Octane?
            2008 BMW 135i MT: Stock turbo FBO
            502whp 593wtq
            11.995 @122.08. 60' 2.041
            3180lbs w/o driver

Comment

• Originally posted by goldfz8 View Post
              What map would you use for say 110 Octane?
              Avoided loaded fuel, but map5 generally for MS109.
              Burger Motorsports

Comment

• Some S58 port injection dyno testing underway... It's a sweet kit, you guys are going to love it.
                Attached Files
                Burger Motorsports

Comment

• Amazing numbers Terry.
                  What are you guys doing here in your testing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry @ BMS View Post
                    Some S58 port injection dyno testing underway... It's a sweet kit, you guys are going to love it.
                    Any other changes needed to the fuel system hardware other than the PI kit?

When is the expected release date?
                    2022 M3xdrive

Comment

• Originally posted by EMC View Post
                      Any other changes needed to the fuel system hardware other than the PI kit?

When is the expected release date?
                      Any day now for release.

No additional changes needed, we're running the factory low pressure pump right now on ours.
                      Burger Motorsports

Comment

• Originally posted by phaser View Post
                        Amazing numbers Terry.
                        What are you guys doing here in your testing?
                        The X4 has our JB4, prototype intake, Fuel-IT port injection, exhaust, and the DME is unlocked so we can do MHD back end flash development.
                        Burger Motorsports

Comment

• Someone finally cracked the ECUs stateside!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleepys4 View Post
                            Someone finally cracked the ECUs stateside!?
                            Dont think so...

@Terry @ BMS can we get updated info for the maps on the first page now that it seems the higher boost maps are on the stable release? Its hard to follow what the maps actually deliver, the first post description differs from what's on the firmware update page.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry @ BMS View Post
                              That is for the X3/X4 only currently. M3/M4 uses different flapper commands and we haven't found them yet.
                              Noticed this doesn't seem to be working on 2021 X3, they prob went to the same system as M3 with the new idrive

Comment

• Trying MAP5

Hi! Just trying out map 5. It feels….. ok but I think she has more to give. Any suggestions?

22 G80 M3 6MT
                                JB4 MAP5
                                E43 mix
                                Mid pipe delete
                                BMS Front mounted intakes
                                M mode: Engine sport+, DSC on
                                Attached Files
                                22 G80 M3 6MT 🚗💨💥💥💥

Comment

• Hello. I was wondering if I can run a more aggressive mapping.

22 M4CX
                                  92 Fuel
                                  R44 DP
                                  Eventuri Intake
                                  Sport + Mode
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Terry @ BMS

Just installed exhaust system last night & JB4. CEL popped up first drive in about 15-20 miles

2022 G80x

R44 Catback
                                    R44 ******* DP.
                                    ​​JB4 Map 2.
                                    Sport plus mode.
                                    93 Octane
                                    Firmware Version - 46/5/5

The codes are.

Any info is appreciated in regards to the code or possible over boost situation.

I suspect the ******* ********* are causing an overboost situation...thought the JB4 would handle that.

Map 2. Hitting 27-28psi
                                    Map 1. Still hit 26psi
                                    Map 0. Turned off it hit 24-25psi

Done doing pulls until I figure out what is going on. I have the fuel-it lines at home. Was going to wait to install those but may as well do it ASAP now.

In the JB4 install. For the wastegate connectors. Does it matter which connector got to a certain wastegate? They were not labeled. Just installed both.

Should I go ahead and fill a 50/50 mix of E85 & 93? Run it on Map 1 or 2? ....seems like 27psi is perhaps too high for just E50 mix from what I've read...

Please advise, am I able to run E40-E50 in Map 1 since it's already hitting 26-27psi in that map? I fear Map 3 or more will start going towards 30psi.

Log from the video.
                                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14oz...w?usp=drivesdk
                                    Last edited by GRUMPY514; 09-06-2022, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Cannon @ BMS Any advice with the above issues?

Comment

• You have wastegate issues with no boost control. Stop and take a step back. Do not drive the vehicle like this, I'm surprised that it has not thrown you in limp home mode with no boost control. Also consider emailing support instead of posting here. Don't get much response on the forums.

Comment

• Originally posted by 777300ER View Post
                                          You have wastegate issues with no boost control. Stop and take a step back. Do not drive the vehicle like this, I'm surprised that it has not thrown you in limp home mode with no boost control. Also consider emailing support instead of posting here. Don't get much response on the forums.
                                          I figured something was awry, I know you can increase boost when decreasing backpressure in the exhaust. I wish I knew how to save the graph from the App & post it on here, trying to understand the logs. It looks like the fuel trims are adding max fuel (due to it running lean) if I'm reading it correctly. She was running like a raped ape the few runs I did. Thankfully I decided to check the stats/logs after the first 2 or 3 hard pulls.

Emailing BMS now. Thank you!
                                          Last edited by GRUMPY514; 09-06-2022, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erikb View Post
                                            Any update?

Does BMS have its own G80/G82 for testing?
                                            Yes, its a G82 xDrive.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
                                            Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUMPY514 View Post
                                              Terry @ BMS

Just installed exhaust system last night & JB4. CEL popped up first drive in about 15-20 miles

2022 G80x
                                              Targeting seems OK. Update to v11 alpha firmware, lower FF on map2 to 40, and relog map2.

For the CEL could be a damaged o2 sensor from the exhaust install, or someone installed a spacer on the sensor, which generally don't work.
                                              Burger Motorsports

Comment

• The 12BC01 code is from the o2 spacers. I get it from time to time but it is intermittent and will go away for months. I've logged with it on and there seems to be no impact to fueling or timing.

Comment

Working...
                                                X