G80x Overboosting. New exhaust. Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G80x Overboosting. New exhaust. Tips?

Just installed exhaust system last night & JB4. CEL popped up first drive in about 15-20 miles

2022 G80x

R44 Catback
    R44 ******* DP.
    ​​JB4 Map 2.
    Sport plus mode.
    93 Octane
    Firmware Version - 46/5/5

The codes are.

Any info is appreciated in regards to the code or possible over boost situation.

I suspect the ******* ********* are causing an overboost situation...thought the JB4 would handle that.

Map 2. Hitting 27-28psi
    Map 1. Still hit 26psi
    Map 0. Turned off it hit 24-25psi

Done doing pulls until I figure out what is going on. I have the fuel-it lines at home. Was going to wait to install those but may as well do it ASAP now.

In the JB4 install. For the wastegate connectors. Does it matter which connector got to a certain wastegate? They were not labeled. Just installed both.

Should I go ahead and fill a 50/50 mix of E85 & 93? Run it on Map 1 or 2? ....seems like 27psi is perhaps too high for just E50 mix from what I've read...

Please advise, am I able to run E40-E50 in Map 1 since it's already hitting 26-27psi in that map? I fear Map 3 or more will start going towards 30psi.

Log from the video.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14oz...w?usp=drivesdk

You shouldn't be running into any overboost issues.
    Please upload a map 1 log with E35 in the tank.
    Thanks!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon @ BMS View Post
      You shouldn't be running into any overboost issues.
      Please upload a map 1 log with E35 in the tank.
      Thanks!
      Sounds good, I received an email back from your team also requesting me do a Map 3 log with E30 in the tank....If map 1 & 2 are hitting 27-28psi, I would think map 3 would exceed that.

I will drive the vehicle tomorrow and do some logs with E35 in tank.

Comment

Keep the mix around E35 max, and if you want us to check the logs attach the CSV to the post.
        Burger Motorsports
        Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Comment

Working...
        X