Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JB4 for Alfa Romeo Giulia & Stelvio Quadrifoglio QV

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You should be able to run up to about E30, maaaybe E40. Much more than that and you'll get a check engine light for your fuel trims being too far off. Ask me how I know
    Hector Cabrera
    2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
    11.49 @ 118.69
    Bone stock w/ JB4 on Map6 e30 mix

    Comment


    • So I finally installed my Fuel It ethanol content sensor. I started getting a check engine light with e39 mix, so definitely don't run more than e30. I added some 93 octane back in and am currently at about e21 mix and the car is happy again with no check engine light.
      Hector Cabrera
      2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
      11.49 @ 118.69
      Bone stock w/ JB4 on Map6 e30 mix

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Turbopowr View Post
        So I finally installed my Fuel It ethanol content sensor. I started getting a check engine light with e39 mix, so definitely don't run more than e30. I added some 93 octane back in and am currently at about e21 mix and the car is happy again with no check engine light.
        Did you get it tied into the JB4?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Moc05 View Post
          Did you get it tied into the JB4?
          No. I never received a response for which pin to use so I'm just using the separate 'Fuel It' app over Bluetooth for now.
          Hector Cabrera
          2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
          11.49 @ 118.69
          Bone stock w/ JB4 on Map6 e30 mix

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Turbopowr View Post
            No. I never received a response for which pin to use so I'm just using the separate 'Fuel It' app over Bluetooth for now.
            Have you emailed [email protected] directly? He will probably have to make a new firmware for you with that input so he will tell you what pin afterwards.
            Burger Motorsports
            Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

            It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Payam @ BMS View Post
              Have you emailed [email protected] directly? He will probably have to make a new firmware for you with that input so he will tell you what pin afterwards.
              I'll do that. Thanks!
              Hector Cabrera
              2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
              11.49 @ 118.69
              Bone stock w/ JB4 on Map6 e30 mix

              Comment


              • Thanks for your help, I will do that
                subway surfers wordle online

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Turbopowr View Post
                  You should be able to run up to about E30, maaaybe E40. Much more than that and you'll get a check engine light for your fuel trims being too far off. Ask me how I know
                  What are your settings for map 6?
                  2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by diesel3443 View Post
                    What are your settings for map 6?
                    Sorry I just saw your message. I was running a flat boost curve with +5 but have since turned it down and usually just run around on Map 2 since I'm in Florida and it's over 100 degrees out.
                    Hector Cabrera
                    2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
                    11.49 @ 118.69
                    Bone stock w/ JB4 on Map6 e30 mix

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Turbopowr View Post
                      Sorry I just saw your message. I was running a flat boost curve with +5 but have since turned it down and usually just run around on Map 2 since I'm in Florida and it's over 100 degrees out.
                      Thanks! I'll test some things out. I'm in TX so the 100 degrees are here for me as well.
                      2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Turbopowr View Post
                        Sorry I just saw your message. I was running a flat boost curve with +5 but have since turned it down and usually just run around on Map 2 since I'm in Florida and it's over 100 degrees out.
                        Were you getting P008A codes? I just thru it now I can get the car started but still says service electronic throttle and is in limp mode. Hoping it clears in the morning after having it on a battery tender.
                        2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

                        Comment


                        • I am running map3 with 93oct. Redstar down pipes with Centerline x pipe and drop in BMC Filter. I did a 5th gear pull. Just wanted to see if it looks ok.
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FMATOS78 View Post
                            I am running map3 with 93oct. Redstar down pipes with Centerline x pipe and drop in BMC Filter. I did a 5th gear pull. Just wanted to see if it looks ok.
                            Seems fine to me.
                            Attached Files
                            Burger Motorsports
                            Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

                            It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

                            Comment


                            • Terry, Can you see on this log why the JB4 changed to Map 0 on its own?
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FMATOS78 View Post
                                Terry, Can you see on this log why the JB4 changed to Map 0 on its own?
                                It looks like your "Boost Safety" was hit which will drop you to Map 0. If you're going to be running Map 3 or higher you'll want to raise that up to at least 28. I have mine at 30 because I've seen a spike hit 28-29 psi on a shift.

                                BTW, what fuel are you running with those boost levels? Your timing seems quite low compared to my car. Do you have any way of measuring performance like a Dragy or dragstrip? If your intake temps are really high and/or fuel quality not the greatest, you might actually be losing some power running map 3 or higher. Just my suggestion
                                Hector Cabrera
                                2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
                                11.49 @ 118.69
                                Bone stock w/ JB4 on Map6 e30 mix

                                Comment


                                • I am running 93oct and I live in florida so temps are usually in the 80s at night when I did that run. Not sure how to raise the boost safety on map 3.

                                  Comment


                                  • I'm also in Florida. With our crazy heat, I probably wouldn't run higher than Map 2 during the summer unless you add some e85 into the mix. I usually run an e25-e30 mix in my car and with this heat have still been using Map 2. I think your timing is being pulled and that's why it's so low.

                                    As for the boost safety, you can change that in Settings > View Tuning/App Configs (Under Advanced) > User Adjustment (Under Tuning) > Boost Failsafe PSI. Default setting is 24.
                                    Hector Cabrera
                                    2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
                                    11.49 @ 118.69
                                    Bone stock w/ JB4 on Map6 e30 mix

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Turbopowr View Post
                                      I'm also in Florida. With our crazy heat, I probably wouldn't run higher than Map 2 during the summer unless you add some e85 into the mix. I usually run an e25-e30 mix in my car and with this heat have still been using Map 2. I think your timing is being pulled and that's why it's so low.

                                      As for the boost safety, you can change that in Settings > View Tuning/App Configs (Under Advanced) > User Adjustment (Under Tuning) > Boost Failsafe PSI. Default setting is 24.
                                      I was thinking that was the case. Timing seemed to be on the low side.

                                      I changed the boost safety to 30 now. I wasn’t sure if it would save it across all maps. Thanks

                                      Comment


                                      • No prob! Yeah Map 2 seems to be the best with this heat. I have a Dragy and right now I don't pick up any performance running Map 3 or higher. When it starts cooling down out I'll start running 3 again or even 6 during the winter.

                                        Overall the car just seems happier on Map 2. Pulls are smooth versus 3 or 6 where I feel hesitations and inconsistencies in power delivery. I've also never gotten a 'Service Throttle' check engine light on Map 2 but I have with 3 or 6.
                                        Hector Cabrera
                                        2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
                                        11.49 @ 118.69
                                        Bone stock w/ JB4 on Map6 e30 mix

                                        Comment


                                        • Log Review Request

                                          Hey there! I would love for a review of this log to let me know all is well and I can enjoy this fun little addition of power
                                          Attached Files

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by DannyB View Post
                                            Hey there! I would love for a review of this log to let me know all is well and I can enjoy this fun little addition of power
                                            That was kind of a short pull, but everything looked clean to me. Timing and fuel were good.
                                            Hector Cabrera
                                            2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
                                            11.49 @ 118.69
                                            Bone stock w/ JB4 on Map6 e30 mix

                                            Comment


                                            • Hola terry. Quiero instalar turbos hibridos en mi alfa giulia. Con todo fbo necesario. Que se puede hacer? Algo similar a bef? O directamente desde mapa 6 custom?. Que piensa al respecto?. Asta donde podemos llegar con jb4 y otras cosas?. Espero esta respuesta. Gracias.

                                              Comment


                                              • Sorry it would need to be translated, but assuming you're asking about hybrid turbos, you'd need a good flash map to properly tune them. Then use the JB4 for logging, fine tuning, WMI control, etc.
                                                Burger Motorsports
                                                Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

                                                It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

                                                Comment

                                                Working...
                                                X