Old

Car: 2022 Tundra
Default 05-23-2022, 12:43 AM

Weird...worked fine for me right off the bat
(#52)
Old

Car: 2022 Toyota Tundra
Default 05-23-2022, 05:18 AM

Figured it out. After setting Option bit 0 (enable/disable), my JB4 would not be able to switch any maps until a 'reboot' occurred. So I set the option bit, shut off the truck and let it sit until the JB4 app no longer connected to the bluetooth module, and then I restarted the truck. Map selection and switching works as expected with this 'reboot' after setting Option bit 0.

Being a SW/Elec. Engineer, I should have though of the first step in troubleshooting .. when in doubt, reboot! With that, all seems good on my end at this point!

(#53)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-24-2022, 07:01 AM

Nice!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#54)
Old

Car: 22 TUNDRA
Default shuddering under light throttle - 06-10-2022, 06:44 AM

Good morning. Anyone running into shuddering under light throttle gradually ramping to more throttle? usually cruising and just ease on the throttle easy and seems to stumble unless its in higher boost.
(#55)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-10-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIFFORDSBIGREDROCKET
Good morning. Anyone running into shuddering under light throttle gradually ramping to more throttle? usually cruising and just ease on the throttle easy and seems to stumble unless its in higher boost.
See if you can capture it in a log and post it up for us to evaluate, please.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#56)
Old

Default 06-10-2022, 11:02 AM

only thing I can remotely relate shuttering is in the throttle in the graph
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv june 10th am.csv (32.7 KB, 39 views)
(#57)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-10-2022, 01:32 PM

The graph and the CSV file loaded are different. Does this happen on map 0?

Burger Motorsports

(#58)
Old

Default 06-10-2022, 01:46 PM

IT WAS ON MAP 3 BUT DID DO IT ON MAP 1. I WILL TRY AND GET SMALLER AND MATCHING GRAPH ON THE DIFFERENT MAPS THIS WEEKEND AND SEND
(#59)
Old

Car: 2022 Tundra 4x4 XP
Default 07-05-2022, 11:50 AM

Hey guys, first post. I am loving the JB4 on my Tundra, can definitely feel a big difference. Running 91/93 mix right now as I have yet to empty a tank fully, then will go 93 from here on out. So I have run mostly map1 and some occasional map2. Should I be completely safe on map2 once I am fully 93 octane?

Also, is there a way I can get a boost gauge on the iOS mobile app or is it not possible?
I see I am able to log boost, but I would like a live readout if possible.

I am planning to go to the dyno soon and do some comparisons on maps 0, 1, and 2 and will also log the AFR.

Any tips on what needs to be done to the truck to put it in a mode that is suitable for dyno? And which gear is best to do the pull? Which gear is 1:1?

Thanks!!
(#60)
Old

Car: 2022 Tundra Capstone
Default 07-11-2022, 11:40 PM

Hi, have you guys tested the JB4 with the Hybrid version?
(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2022, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22TundraBigRedHybrid
Hi, have you guys tested the JB4 with the Hybrid version?
Yes, works the same

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2022, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmock
Hey guys, first post. I am loving the JB4 on my Tundra, can definitely feel a big difference. Running 91/93 mix right now as I have yet to empty a tank fully, then will go 93 from here on out. So I have run mostly map1 and some occasional map2. Should I be completely safe on map2 once I am fully 93 octane?

Also, is there a way I can get a boost gauge on the iOS mobile app or is it not possible?
I see I am able to log boost, but I would like a live readout if possible.

I am planning to go to the dyno soon and do some comparisons on maps 0, 1, and 2 and will also log the AFR.

Any tips on what needs to be done to the truck to put it in a mode that is suitable for dyno? And which gear is best to do the pull? Which gear is 1:1?

Thanks!!
Payam did the runs here on ours so would know best. You can email him payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#63)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-13-2022, 01:09 AM

The car does not have dyno mode, and even when you put it in manual mode and floor it in a high gear it will kick to a lower gear. IT'S very finicky on the dyno and will take many attempts to get a good graph.

I believe I dynoed in 4th gear (5th is too long and would hit speed limiter before going to redline) pedal at about 50% until you hit about 4.5k RPM then you can go 100%. Dyno operator will have to play with it until he gets it right, so make sure you make it clear to the shop and operator that you want a good amount of runs and not just the usual "3"

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Car: 2022 Tundra SR5
Default 07-24-2022, 05:42 PM

Got my JB4 installed today and wondering. Has anyone had any issues with the rear sensor plug not seating all the way?
(#65)
Old

Default 07-24-2022, 06:06 PM

I had some issues as well. Eventually I got it to click (not sure exactly how but I did) .. but I put a zip tie around it just to be safe. I think a few people have had issues getting the full click in of that back plug.
(#66)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2022, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Got my JB4 installed today and wondering. Has anyone had any issues with the rear sensor plug not seating all the way?
Those connections are a bit tricky but should latch on with some effort.

Burger Motorsports

(#67)
Old

Default 07-29-2022, 09:12 AM

What fuel additives are suggested to run MAP3? Love this tuner, really woke this truck up.
I am currently running Shell 93, is this safe for MAP2?
(#68)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-30-2022, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMilly
What fuel additives are suggested to run MAP3? Love this tuner, really woke this truck up.
I am currently running Shell 93, is this safe for MAP2?
Map2 for 93 octane, for map3 octane booster or mixing in some E85 is a good idea.

Burger Motorsports

(#69)
Old

Car: 2022 Tundra
Default 08-15-2022, 09:30 PM

Hey Y’all.

Just got my JB4 installed and have been running Map 1. I have a couple of questions. The highest octane fuel available at the pump here in Hawaii is 92. Would this be too low of an octane rating to run Map 2 (93+)? If so, is there a way to have a map designed for 92 octane to take full advantage of the fuel available here in Hawaii?

Also I had read able being able to switch maps via the sport, normal and eco mode selector. How would I go about setting that up?

Finally how can I go about maximizing the potential of the JB4 tuner for my truck?