JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1426)
Old
Havok Havok is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 118
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 07-30-2022, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Why not spend 2 min to remove if going in for dealer work? In my experience dealers always blame any problem on aftermarket parts.
Agreed. Im at dealer right now, intake, and jb4 are buried in the trunk until its done. I dont want them having any argument of voiding warranty. Also, its nice to go back to stock to re familiarise myself of how the car is supposed fo perform.
Reply With Quote
(#1427)
Old
SixPackABS SixPackABS is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 40
Join Date: Sep 2021
Car: Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback (M3TH)
Default 07-30-2022, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Why not spend 2 min to remove if going in for dealer work? In my experience dealers always blame any problem on aftermarket parts.
Never had issues with my dealership before with my JB4 onboard . Just didn't expect JB4 will be unnecessary involved in this key fob not detected issue. So their solution was bring back the car to stock "Remove all accessories connected". So before driving off tried to connect the JB4 to the OBD port,,,,,,, surprised to see they re installed the JB4 OBD back on, lol.


M3TH user
TransModel = A Mazda but identifies itself as a BMW
Reply With Quote
(#1428)
Old
Havok Havok is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 118
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 07-31-2022, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPackABS
JB4 you are officially tagged by Mazda as a tuner, lol.

Did they deactivate the parking brake? I hate that function of the car...
Reply With Quote
(#1429)
Old
sm1ke's Avatar
sm1ke sm1ke is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 35
Join Date: May 2021
Car: 2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Default 08-02-2022, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cx5-sleeper
How did your install go? I had the same issue and ended up dropping the front bumper and that helped with the cable routing too.
Haven't gotten around to it yet, been really busy and when I do have time, the weather doesn't cooperate.


2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Reply With Quote
(#1430)
Old
SixPackABS SixPackABS is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 40
Join Date: Sep 2021
Car: Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback (M3TH)
Default 08-03-2022, 10:21 AM

JB4 back as my co-pilot. Driving for 2 days without it is just not the same. Today Throttle Smiles are back.


M3TH user
TransModel = A Mazda but identifies itself as a BMW
Reply With Quote
(#1431)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 34,333
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 08-04-2022, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPackABS
JB4 back as my co-pilot. Driving for 2 days without it is just not the same. Today Throttle Smiles are back.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1432)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 08-06-2022, 07:26 PM

So looking for some more of advanced help here..

I've been running the JB4 on my M3TH since about 750 miles from new, which is past the 600 mile mechanical break in period. The first 3k miles or so, the car seemed to run a little rich, it was almost impossible to get 30 MPG on the freeway and was a little disappointed, I could see via instant MPG readout and confirming via JB4 log AFR's that indeed it was running what to me was rich, under 10, around 9.6-9.8 AFR's under WOT when typically I thought they should be around 10.8.

Well now, with 5k miles on the car, the last 500 miles or so I seem to be getting much improved MPG's, a good 15%+ better, I can hit 30 MPG's with normal driving that even a little mixed, 70/30 freeway, WOT AFR's are at about the 10.8 that I originally expected... but I'm also seeing massive IGN1 correction numbers now too, IGN1 are negative corrections, right? I'm seeing them under WOT now when I never did before. I don't know why I would be running so rich to then so lean. I had originally left all fuel bias's at 0, etc and now not sure what to do... This is with underrated 92 octane on both Map 1 and 2 and with and without decent MMT octane boost added. I even have done some air flow mods to improve under hood temps and that seems to be helping, in 90 degree ambient I'm staying around 130 for the new manifold read IAT, I think that is decent for 90 degree ambient, but maybe not and I may still be running lean? I have tried setting fuel bias higher and it doesn't really seem to help with IGN1 numbers either, although it does seem to richen up WOT AFR somewhat.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, strut tower brace, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield, CorkSport axle-back exhaust, waiting for mid-section on backorder.
Reply With Quote
(#1433)
Old
Havok Havok is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 118
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 08-06-2022, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree
So looking for some more of advanced help here..

I've been running the JB4 on my M3TH since about 750 miles from new, which is past the 600 mile mechanical break in period. The first 3k miles or so, the car seemed to run a little rich, it was almost impossible to get 30 MPG on the freeway and was a little disappointed, I could see via instant MPG readout and confirming via JB4 log AFR's that indeed it was running what to me was rich, under 10, around 9.6-9.8 AFR's under WOT when typically I thought they should be around 10.8.

Well now, with 5k miles on the car, the last 500 miles or so I seem to be getting much improved MPG's, a good 15%+ better, I can hit 30 MPG's with normal driving that even a little mixed, 70/30 freeway, WOT AFR's are at about the 10.8 that I originally expected... but I'm also seeing massive IGN1 correction numbers now too, IGN1 are negative corrections, right? I'm seeing them under WOT now when I never did before. I don't know why I would be running so rich to then so lean. I had originally left all fuel bias's at 0, etc and now not sure what to do... This is with underrated 92 octane on both Map 1 and 2 and with and without decent MMT octane boost added. I even have done some air flow mods to improve under hood temps and that seems to be helping, in 90 degree ambient I'm staying around 130 for the new manifold read IAT, I think that is decent for 90 degree ambient, but maybe not and I may still be running lean? I have tried setting fuel bias higher and it doesn't really seem to help with IGN1 numbers either, although it does seem to richen up WOT AFR somewhat.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!
The car has to learn whats best. If you were running rich the first 600mi. I would tally that up to the computer learning process for altitude, octane rating, driver input etc.... These are not the cars of 20 years ago. They are very smart, and learn/adapt to the surroundings.
Reply With Quote
(#1434)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 08-06-2022, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok
The car has to learn whats best. If you were running rich the first 600mi. I would tally that up to the computer learning process for altitude, octane rating, driver input etc.... These are not the cars of 20 years ago. They are very smart, and learn/adapt to the surroundings.
Exactly, I figured that Mazda, in their actual engineering excellence, may have also had their own slightly rich ECU programming for the first 3k miles/5k Km's intentionally as an additional break-in/ECU adjustment period beyond just the initial hardware break in, it wasn't wasn't just the first 600 miles, but the first 3k+ miles before a pretty sudden improvement... but yeah, I'm curious where that leaves me today, why so many negative corrections now? Should I set fuel bias's all to 25 and try logging Map 0? I believe fuel bias's and all the lower advanced setting options are still in effect while under Map 0, right? It's just stock ECU boost settings while other options are in effect? I suppose that way I can get an idea of what is going on. The car seems to be running pretty strong but temps and corrections are a bit worrisome.


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, strut tower brace, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield, CorkSport axle-back exhaust, waiting for mid-section on backorder.
Reply With Quote
(#1435)
Old
Havok Havok is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 118
Join Date: Aug 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 08-06-2022, 08:43 PM

Ehh... I tend to leave it at one setting so the ecu does not have to re learn how to run the car. Same fuel, same driving habits, same map. Ive had my jb4 for about 20k miles, and it performs pretty damn good!
Reply With Quote
(#1436)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 08-06-2022, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok
Ehh... I tend to leave it at one setting so the ecu does not have to re learn how to run the car. Same fuel, same driving habits, same map. Ive had my jb4 for about 20k miles, and it performs pretty damn good!
I hear you, it's just my fuel quality can vary and I also do like to log even when not messing with it much to make sure all is well and something seems off, even if it performs well for the most part I shouldn't be getting so many negative corrections... so I'm looking to get some deeper insight, hopefully someone else has advice, but I appreciate at least hearing about your experience/opinion!


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, strut tower brace, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield, CorkSport axle-back exhaust, waiting for mid-section on backorder.
Reply With Quote
(#1437)
Old
tymwalk tymwalk is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 82
Join Date: Sep 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 Turbo Carbon Edition
Default 08-08-2022, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree
I hear you, it's just my fuel quality can vary and I also do like to log even when not messing with it much to make sure all is well and something seems off, even if it performs well for the most part I shouldn't be getting so many negative corrections... so I'm looking to get some deeper insight, hopefully someone else has advice, but I appreciate at least hearing about your experience/opinion!
Ignition 1 is overall timing and ignition 2 is associated with timing being pulled so your first post doesn't make much sense. If you post a log of a 3rd gear pull, then it will be easier to provide feedback. If ign1 climbs from zero to ~10 smoothly through a third gear pull then nothing to worry about.
Reply With Quote
(#1438)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 08-08-2022, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymwalk
Ignition 1 is overall timing and ignition 2 is associated with timing being pulled so your first post doesn't make much sense. If you post a log of a 3rd gear pull, then it will be easier to provide feedback. If ign1 climbs from zero to ~10 smoothly through a third gear pull then nothing to worry about.
I hadn't checked the logs for a bit and when I finally did I had a bad tank of gas apparently to the point that IGN1 and IGN2 were literally indistinguishable. I refilled shortly after posting, along with some octane booster and had the best run ever, with the best looking numbers ever for the car, so all is well, carry on. The bottom line, if you don't check your logs very often, you can get easily confused between good and bad numbers if you suddenly have a bad tank of gas! Lol


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, strut tower brace, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield, CorkSport axle-back exhaust, waiting for mid-section on backorder.
Reply With Quote
(#1439)
Old
sanjaycollins's Avatar
sanjaycollins sanjaycollins is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jul 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda3 2.5 Turbo AWD
Default 08-09-2022, 08:51 AM

My Mazda3 Turbo was the same way. I had the JB4 on the car since day one, but I kept it disabled and didn't do any wide open pulls until after the 600 mile mark. After I did some stock pulls, I flipped the JB4 on and wasn't very happy with the results. The car wasn't very quick and I could feel the power being pulled back-and-forth during runs. However, after a few thousand miles, that all changed and the car is significantly quicker than in the beginning. This is with 92 as well.
Reply With Quote
(#1440)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 08-09-2022, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaycollins
My Mazda3 Turbo was the same way. I had the JB4 on the car since day one, but I kept it disabled and didn't do any wide open pulls until after the 600 mile mark. After I did some stock pulls, I flipped the JB4 on and wasn't very happy with the results. The car wasn't very quick and I could feel the power being pulled back-and-forth during runs. However, after a few thousand miles, that all changed and the car is significantly quicker than in the beginning. This is with 92 as well.
Ok, good to hear that I'm not the only one that took a few thousand miles to get good performance and mileage as expected... I did use some octane boost that I had stocked up on when it was really cheap and have used e85 as well to use map 2 and map 6 with even a little more boost than map 2. But in general our 92 is closer to 93 than Cali 91 is to actual 91, so only very minor corrections running map 2 with our 92 and is safe


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, strut tower brace, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield, CorkSport axle-back exhaust, waiting for mid-section on backorder.
Reply With Quote
(#1441)
Old
sanjaycollins's Avatar
sanjaycollins sanjaycollins is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jul 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda3 2.5 Turbo AWD
Default 08-09-2022, 09:57 AM

Yeah, I was fairly let down in the beginning, as my Mazda wasn't any faster from a roll than the Forte GT that I had traded in for it, which also had a JB4 running map 2. But now it is much quicker, and actually quicker from 0-60 and over the 1/4 mile than my previous Focus ST and EcoBoost Mustang. I tried E30 on my Mazda once with map 2 and it didn't make any difference, but I also didn't measure the ethanol content at the pump that time, so it could've just been because the mixture was less than 30%. I've also heard the same thing about our 92, as my tuners on previous cars all praised it and said it was basically the same as 93 anywhere else.
Reply With Quote
(#1442)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 08-09-2022, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaycollins
Yeah, I was fairly let down in the beginning, as my Mazda wasn't any faster from a roll than the Forte GT that I had traded in for it, which also had a JB4 running map 2. But now it is much quicker, and actually quicker from 0-60 and over the 1/4 mile than my previous Focus ST and EcoBoost Mustang. I tried E30 on my Mazda once with map 2 and it didn't make any difference, but I also didn't measure the ethanol content at the pump that time, so it could've just been because the mixture was less than 30%. I've also heard the same thing about our 92, as my tuners on previous cars all praised it and said it was basically the same as 93 anywhere else.
Good info, I will say that if you already are not seeing any IGN2 corrections on map 2 then I don't see how using e30 will help, but I did get good results using ~e25 and using a custom map 6 with a rising and falling boost curve peaking at a +6 in the midrange, the exact curve I posted a number of pages back. I can't wait to try it again now that I'm at that fully broken period now, should be interesting!


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, strut tower brace, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield, CorkSport axle-back exhaust, waiting for mid-section on backorder.
Reply With Quote
(#1443)
Old
sanjaycollins's Avatar
sanjaycollins sanjaycollins is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jul 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda3 2.5 Turbo AWD
Default 08-09-2022, 10:17 AM

I'm intrigued to see how that goes as well. I also wasn't going off of my logs, but off of what BMS had stated about E30 adding a slight bump in performance to map 2, since we don't have dedicated ethanol maps. I plan on taking mine to the dyno this fall/winter, after the temps and DA come down, and see what it puts down on 92.


JB4, CorkSport intake, CorkSport heat shield, CorkSport strut bar, CorkSport midpipe with resonator delete, CorkSport axle-back, CorkSport lowering springs, Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus 215/45R18 tires and Avid.1 AV.20 18x8 +35 matte bronze wheels.
Reply With Quote
(#1444)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 08-09-2022, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaycollins
I'm intrigued to see how that goes as well. I also wasn't going off of my logs, but off of what BMS had stated about E30 adding a slight bump in performance to map 2, since we don't have dedicated ethanol maps. I plan on taking mine to the dyno this fall/winter, after the temps and DA come down, and see what it puts down on 92.
Yeah, if you're getting no corrections at all, then you are already maxed out, I'd like to hear more info on how running an ethanol blend would help any further at that point. Personally, I did get my 13.67 1/4 mile with zero corrections running the 92 but also octane boost that supposedly put me at around 94 octane total, typically I would see some small corrections on 92 alone.

Another factor is IAT's, I've done some back of hood air flow mods, removing weather seal and front half of the wiper cowl and that kept IAT low until my first full pull. Then it seems IAT never recovers, the ECU doesn't open the grille shutters until temps are over 120 it appears, so maybe that's where a "real tune" may change these parameters and allow cooler IAT's. I'm sure there is a reason for this, higher temps lead to less carbon buildup and keeping the shutters closed is slightly better for aerodynamics too most likely.


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, strut tower brace, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield, CorkSport axle-back exhaust, waiting for mid-section on backorder.
Reply With Quote
(#1445)
Old
sanjaycollins's Avatar
sanjaycollins sanjaycollins is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jul 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda3 2.5 Turbo AWD
Default 08-09-2022, 11:52 AM

Temps were a big deal on the Focus ST. When I had installed an intercooler on mine I removed the AGS completely and had them disabled so that they wouldn't throw a code. The IAT's didn't really matter, so long as the charge temps stayed close to ambient during pulls, which was roughly 10-15 degrees above with a good FMIC. Therefore, when I first got the Mazda, I was concerned there would be significant heat soak with the stock intercooler, as there was with my Focus and Mustang, but I don't seem to lose any performance during consecutive runs. I have nearly 300 0-60's recorded on my Dragy, most of them being back-to-back, and the times are always consistent.


JB4, CorkSport intake, CorkSport heat shield, CorkSport strut bar, CorkSport midpipe with resonator delete, CorkSport axle-back, CorkSport lowering springs, Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus 215/45R18 tires and Avid.1 AV.20 18x8 +35 matte bronze wheels.

Last edited by sanjaycollins; 08-09-2022 at 12:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#1446)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 08-09-2022, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaycollins
Temps were a big deal on the Focus ST. When I had installed an intercooler on mine I removed the AGS completely and had them disabled so that they wouldn't throw a code. The IAT's didn't really matter, so long as the charge temps stayed close to ambient during pulls, which was roughly 10-15 degrees above with a good FMIC. Therefore, when I first got the Mazda, I was concerned there would be significant heat soak with the stock intercooler, as there was with my Focus and Mustang, but I don't seem to lose any performance during consecutive runs. I have nearly 300 0-60's recorded on my Dragy, most of them being back-to-back, and the times are always consistent.
Interesting, good info, I had the simpler FiST without AGS and yeah, it all about the charge temps and a FMIC really helped. With the Mazda, not sure we get charge temps, but intake and manifold temps, I believe charge temps would be in between? And yes, for the most part, pulls have been consistent, but my very best times have seem to come on the first full big one of the session.


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, strut tower brace, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield, CorkSport axle-back exhaust, waiting for mid-section on backorder.
Reply With Quote
(#1447)
Old
sanjaycollins's Avatar
sanjaycollins sanjaycollins is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jul 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda3 2.5 Turbo AWD
Default 08-09-2022, 08:13 PM

That's how I figured it was going to be as well, that the first attempt at anything would be my best chance, but the fastest 0-60 I've done was on the third back-to-back attempt and my fastest 1/4 mile was on a second attempt. I've done many 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs that were four, five, six runs in a row, and the times are typically always within a tenth of each other. This car appears to be fairly efficient from the factory.


JB4, CorkSport intake, CorkSport heat shield, CorkSport strut bar, CorkSport midpipe with resonator delete, CorkSport axle-back, CorkSport lowering springs, Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus 215/45R18 tires and Avid.1 AV.20 18x8 +35 matte bronze wheels.
Reply With Quote
(#1448)
Old
SixPackABS SixPackABS is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 40
Join Date: Sep 2021
Car: Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback (M3TH)
Default 08-09-2022, 08:23 PM

Good evening. What's the latest firmware version now?


M3TH user
TransModel = A Mazda but identifies itself as a BMW
Reply With Quote
(#1449)
Old
danbfree's Avatar
danbfree danbfree is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2021
Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default 08-10-2022, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaycollins
That's how I figured it was going to be as well, that the first attempt at anything would be my best chance, but the fastest 0-60 I've done was on the third back-to-back attempt and my fastest 1/4 mile was on a second attempt. I've done many 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs that were four, five, six runs in a row, and the times are typically always within a tenth of each other. This car appears to be fairly efficient from the factory.
That was kind of my original point, and that I'm getting one "cool" pull after I've done some mods to hood airflow. If you haven't done the air flow mods then you were likely already well into the 100's on even your first attempt as that was how my car was before I modded too, and yes it's very consistent then. The car intentionally allows the manifold temps to heat up to over 110 degrees with everything closed off in stock form, even driving normally, I can confirm this, I have the logs. But, after my mods, my manifold temps were under 80 degrees to start on my best time ever. After that, manifold temps were back to the 120-130 degree point and would not drop that low again. My point being, with my mods, I get ONE pull much cooler than normal before everything is heated up to "normal" and yes, this with the engine fully up to temp a full 15 minutes of normal driving first, but until that first pull, manifold temps stay much lower than before. I just find it interesting how it does run everything so warm intentionally and for now have found a way to get one cool pull in with so much air flow driving normal/easily until I do that big pull. It will be nice to be able maybe eventually do a similar removal of AGS and code it out to get cooler manifold temps consistently.


Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, strut tower brace, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield, CorkSport axle-back exhaust, waiting for mid-section on backorder.
Reply With Quote
(#1450)
Old
sanjaycollins's Avatar
sanjaycollins sanjaycollins is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jul 2021
Car: 2021 Mazda3 2.5 Turbo AWD
Default 08-10-2022, 11:59 AM

That makes sense and I completely understand what you're saying. I'm fairly impressed with the performance of this car, having only mild bolt-ons and a piggyback, but I would also like to see what times could be achieved with an intercooler, charge pipes, a down pipe, a custom ECU tune and stickier tires.


JB4, CorkSport intake, CorkSport heat shield, CorkSport strut bar, CorkSport midpipe with resonator delete, CorkSport axle-back, CorkSport lowering springs, Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus 215/45R18 tires and Avid.1 AV.20 18x8 +35 matte bronze wheels.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2022, JB4tech.com