JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: CTS-V
Default 01-23-2022, 06:02 PM

Is an Auto tuning mode and no-lift shift going to be a possibility for the G80?
If so any ETA?
Thanks!
(#77)
Old

Car: G80 M3
Default 02-02-2022, 02:11 PM

guys, in the v8 alpha firmware the maps were changed so that map 3 is now also an additive boost map (+6psi), but the map descriptions in-app were not updated. Can you please clarify what are the target settings of the rest of the maps now in v8 ?
(#78)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2022, 09:13 AM

As most people are not using alpha firmware we can't update the global map descriptions, until that version becomes production firmware. There were also minor changes to map1 and map2. You can always log the map and look at your target parameter if interested in the details.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#79)
Old

Default 02-09-2022, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by translux
Is an Auto tuning mode and no-lift shift going to be a possibility for the G80?
If so any ETA?
Thanks!
Bumping this as inquiring minds want to know.
(#80)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-11-2022, 08:28 AM

We have not looked in to no lift shift, but have various autotuning maps including E85 maps that utilize the Fuel-IT flex fuel sensor in testing/development.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#81)
Old

Default 02-21-2022, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We have not looked in to no lift shift, but have various autotuning maps including E85 maps that utilize the Fuel-IT flex fuel sensor in testing/development.
Thanks!
Any need for the wired connection or can you do everything via Bluetooth including firmware updates?
(#82)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: Evo VIII
Default 02-22-2022, 01:23 PM

As long as you have the JB4 Bluetooth Connect Kit, you will not need any direct connections and everything can be done via Bluetooth!

Burger Motorsports

(#83)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 03-06-2022, 12:43 PM

Hey gus i just purchased a jb4 for my x4m comp looking forward to installing it when it arrives. Although im looking forward to the power increase mostly i was curious if its possible to have a neutered map to increase gas mileage for daily driving not sure of if that exists, also i see theres a few different firmwares available for the s58 do you recommend running the latest one which seems to be V8?
(#84)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 03-06-2022, 08:14 PM

Hi,

Always run the latest firmware but if you just ordered it...you likely don't need to update it.

To "neuter it" you could run map 8.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#85)
Old

Default 03-06-2022, 09:38 PM

Hey Steve thanks for the reply i wasnt sure if map 8 was still low boost i see on the original post the list says its as off V5 and it seems to be at V8 now wasnt sure whats changed.
(#86)
Old

Default 03-11-2022, 10:06 PM

Got to installing the jb4 today did a few logs let me know if this is the wrong forum to post these. I will try and get better ones started on map 2 felt like boost was spiking and maybe throttle closures? map 1 feels better

https://***********/u/evanbx4m/map-1...log=0&data=1-4

https://***********/u/evanbx4m/map-1?log=0&data=1-4
(#87)
Old

Car: E92 335is
Default 03-22-2022, 08:06 AM

Does the JB4 is deleting fault codes for ******* *********?
(#88)
Old

Car: 2020 c43
Default 04-07-2022, 06:21 AM

Anybody have any HP figures on race gas?
(#89)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2022, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroki
Does the JB4 is deleting fault codes for ******* *********?
No BMW only allows faults to be deleted while vehicle is in diagnostic mode.

Burger Motorsports

(#90)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2022, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanb235
Got to installing the jb4 today did a few logs let me know if this is the wrong forum to post these. I will try and get better ones started on map 2 felt like boost was spiking and maybe throttle closures? map 1 feels better
You'd need to attach the CSV logs here directly.

Burger Motorsports

(#91)
Old

Car: g80 M3cx
Default 04-14-2022, 07:30 AM

hi guys, I did some test of the map 5 on V7_T4 with an E33 mixture, I am not expert in log reading, but from what I know it seems not so bad apart from the boost which normally would like to be a +-1psi of the target but I am 2+psi above and I can touch 31-32 psi before falling back map0 and I put safety boost a 29 , it may be normal, that's why I ask you! in my log I have 2 runs, a log run in 4th and a quarter mile! please let me know if this is ok or what i need to improve!

thank you in advance!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P46_M5_R3_220410_1910.csv (185.5 KB, 330 views)
(#92)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2022, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRM3G80
hi guys, I did some test of the map 5 on V7_T4 with an E33 mixture, I am not expert in log reading, but from what I know it seems not so bad apart from the boost which normally would like to be a +-1psi of the target but I am 2+psi above and I can touch 31-32 psi before falling back map0 and I put safety boost a 29 , it may be normal, that's why I ask you! in my log I have 2 runs, a log run in 4th and a quarter mile! please let me know if this is ok or what i need to improve!

thank you in advance!!
Log is pretty good considering. I'd raise boost safety to 32psi to get it out of the way, update to the alpha firmware, and relog.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#93)
Old

Car: g80 M3cx
Default 04-20-2022, 06:13 PM

thank you Terry ,safety boost set a 32, here log of quater miles and 4th run map5 v8 alpha firmware also add 4th run map 4 all e35 mix ! log look pretty similar but the car switch to somekind of rpm protection mode (redline drop at +-4000rpm) right after quater mile run nothing else abnormal, restart the car and everything ok! have you seen this before?

thx again!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P46_M5_R4_220417_1914.csv (144.2 KB, 63 views)
(#94)
Old

Car: 21 Supra 3.0 / 18 RS3
Default 04-21-2022, 06:49 PM

I upgraded from a M240i to a M4 Comp Xdrive, and just ordered a JB4 for the S58. Can I use the same connect kit from the B58 version of the JB4?? Thanks!
(#95)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2022, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo741
I upgraded from a M240i to a M4 Comp Xdrive, and just ordered a JB4 for the S58. Can I use the same connect kit from the B58 version of the JB4?? Thanks!
Yes!

Burger Motorsports

(#96)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi coupe
Default 05-06-2022, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes!
Terry. Any chance you might have a look at this log? Bandimere speedway tonight. Map 3 with 94 octane. 8400 DA.

Curious if I’m too aggressive for Denver altitude?

This log contains both a map 3 pull on the track, and then a map 1 pull later in the log.

https://***********/u/forza1976/band...1&zoom=649-852
Attached Files
File Type: csv P46_M3_R9_forza1976_220506_1934.csv (179.5 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by forza1976; 05-07-2022 at 08:39 AM..
(#97)
Old

Car: 22 G80 M3 6MT
Default Throttle closure fix? - 05-30-2022, 10:25 AM

22 G80 M3 6MT
BMS front mounted intakes
JB4 46/10//5 firmware
Map 3
50/50 91/E85 fuel mix
Engine set to Efficient mode

I did a small pull the other day to see if there were throttle closures with the new firmware (Alpha). It feels strong all the way through but the data on the log shows otherwise. The data shows a drop in throttle during the pull even with 100 percent pedal. Any suggestions? Please see attached log.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P46_M3_R1_220529_0946.csv (14.0 KB, 53 views)

22 G80 M3 6MT 🚗💨💥💥💥

Last edited by 10 ORIO; 05-30-2022 at 01:50 PM..
(#98)
Old

Car: M3 g80 xdrive
Default 06-04-2022, 11:09 AM

Hello everyone
New here

Coming from racechip with good result
But I pass on the dark side 👈🏻 ( jb4)

Here my log on map 3 (E36) but seem to have hesitation between shift !

Catted dp
Air intake
M3 xdrive
Attached Files
File Type: csv P46_M3_R2_220604_1230.csv (35.2 KB, 40 views)
(#99)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2022, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate1
Hello everyone
New here

Coming from racechip with good result
But I pass on the dark side 👈🏻 ( jb4)

Here my log on map 3 (E36) but seem to have hesitation between shift !

Catted dp
Air intake
M3 xdrive
Hi,

Data looks good. You are not quite full throttle in the logs. With E35 you can give map5 a whirl also for comparison.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#100)
Old

Car: BMW G83
Default 06-05-2022, 08:23 PM

Hi. I just installed Jb4 and running map 2 on my G83. When launching I get tons of wheel spin on Michelin Sports tires. Attached are my logs. I was running firmware 46/5/5 at the time. I downloaded the latest firmware and have not gone on another run.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P46_M2_R3_220605_1258.csv (15.5 KB, 34 views)