JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Stinger GT RWD
Default New to tuning. Looking for log read and useful threads to read. - 07-27-2022, 07:08 PM

Hello all,

I was hoping for a log read to see if there are any issues to be corrected.
ing2-6 look a little high, and I recently tried to modify the boost by gear to stop the tire spin during launch with no luck.
I am doing all I can to absorb as much information as possible. So any links to further reading about how to adjust tuning and what not to touch would be fantastic.

Here is my set-up
Kia Stinger - 2020 - RWD. - 3.3. - 93 Octane
Map2- 0-120mph pull in Sport mode - I let the transmission shift itself. No launch control as the tires spin way too much

HKS Sparkplugs gapped at 0.22
BMS intake.
JB4 tuner.
OCC.
App build:A356
Firmware Version: 21/24//5
No CELs.

Thanks everyone! Happy to be apart of the community.

Edit: I just realized, this was done in Map0. I will redo this tonight in Map2 and post the log read out. Sorry about that.

Last edited by Lonewolf17a; 07-28-2022 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: Correction
(#2)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 07-28-2022, 02:09 PM

Start here by downloading the software and open up the csv. JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion - View Single Post - JB4 laptop connection directions
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2022, 07:13 AM

No log is attached to your post

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 07-29-2022, 12:27 PM

Yeah, I removed the old log as it was done in Map0 by accident. Please see the attached log! Thank you both.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_220728_1813_022603.csv (17.3 KB, 9 views)
(#5)
Old

Default 08-03-2022, 07:23 PM

Hey Terry, AWDGT2

Sorry for the confusion. I have attached my map1 0-120 in this post and my map2 is in my previous reply.

Any pointers on what I could fix is greatly appreciated.

Thank you both.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M1_R1_220803_2028_083044.csv (24.2 KB, 9 views)
(#6)
Old

Default 08-05-2022, 07:11 AM

Overall, not bad, except some higher-than-expected timing deviations. Shown on the graph above the 0 line. With HKS and 93, Map1 should look cleaner. Who gapped and installed the plugs? If you're confident in that install, then I would do an ECU reset by disconnecting the battery. If the deviations come back, you need to look at the quality of the gas.
I would also take DWP down to 0 until this is sorted.
Attached Images

(#7)
Old

Default 08-05-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
Overall, not bad, except some higher-than-expected timing deviations. Shown on the graph above the 0 line. With HKS and 93, Map1 should look cleaner. Who gapped and installed the plugs? If you're confident in that install, then I would do an ECU reset by disconnecting the battery. If the deviations come back, you need to look at the quality of the gas.
I would also take DWP down to 0 until this is sorted.
Thanks for the review AWDGT2. I did the gapping and install myself, which makes me a little less confident. Any recommendations on the gap? I am using BMS spark plug gapping tools and shims.

I will take DWP down to zero and reset.

Thanks again man!
(#8)
Old

Default 08-08-2022, 02:37 AM

.022-.026 is fine, anything smaller and you will have idling issues, any larger during WOT the additional boost can interfere with the ignition spark.

Last edited by AWDGT2; 08-08-2022 at 11:25 AM..