JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#6301)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t
Default 05-14-2022, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversport22
Hi All. After looking at the RS and SS boost per PSI it seems that map 2 would get my SS closest to a stock RS figures. Is Map 2 safe for a daily set and forget? I know I could push higher depending on gas but I like the comfort of where it is. Also I did some math using others map 6 customs (with 5psi being their highest entry) and in the end they seem pretty close to the map 2. Anyone know the last bit of taper burger built on their map 2? Should I be setting a map 6 to mirror the map2 but to taper slightly more the last few rpm entries? I thought even adding a few psi to a SS even at high rpm is still equivalent to the rs?
If you are happy with the boost level at map 2, I would leave it there. The car's ECU AND the JB4 both taper at high RPM, resulting in sufficient taper. No need to do anything further in Map 6. Map 2 is generally conservative if you have good quality 93 octane fuel.
(#6302)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t
Default 05-14-2022, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCCOS
Another update for anyone interested.
I ran more testing tonight. With the JB4 disabled, I did not have dangerously lean AFR on my runs. Under Map1, I again experienced severely lean conditions. I've found other posts from other forums reporting this issue with the JB4, I'm sorry to say.
JB4 without fuel wires installed/activated has no way to influence fueling. Even if the fuel wires were installed and malfunctioning to call for a very lean AFR it would show in the log under the fuelen field (just theoretical, I have not seen this ever occur in a log). I am always trying to learn more though. Can you post the log of your stock pulll where AFR looked good? Also link to the information about JB4 causing lean condition?
(#6303)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 05-14-2022, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCCOS
If I'm understanding you correctly, you're experiencing a case where you are accelerating, then the rate at which you accelerate decreases (like you suddenly started pulling a heavy object), and then the rate increases again (as if you were no longer pulling that weight). If that is true, I would believe you may be experiencing a timing pull from your car, which would be an octane issue, and you should go with a lower boost map. I also experience this at times but I have been having issues with AFR. You may want to check your logs for either of those.
The rate doesnít seem to decrease then increase Ö itís almost like it does a slight downshift and pulls harder.
(#6304)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 05-15-2022, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB
JB4 without fuel wires installed/activated has no way to influence fueling. Even if the fuel wires were installed and malfunctioning to call for a very lean AFR it would show in the log under the fuelen field (just theoretical, I have not seen this ever occur in a log). I am always trying to learn more though. Can you post the log of your stock pulll where AFR looked good? Also link to the information about JB4 causing lean condition?

I cannot seem to get the file to upload at this time, so you'll just have to trust a stranger on the internet haha. As far as other forums discussing it, you can search 'JB4 AFR lean' or similar and you can find a few forums here and there discussing the possible causes, but nothing definitive for a solution. To me, it's reasonable that if my Map0 runs have no issue but Map1 leans out, and Map2 just a bit more from there, that my vehicle is unable to provide enough fuel when I use the JB4 to request more air. The reason for that is what I am not sure of, but I don't think it would simply be a fueling issue from the car if it behaves normally while stock. I'm hoping to get to the bottom of this so I can safely run the JB4 because most discussions I've seen around it have been nothing but rave reviews which is why I was excited to purchase and run it.
(#6305)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50
Default 05-15-2022, 10:13 AM

First post and trying to clarify something. Several weeks ago I purchased a JB1 from Burger. My Q50 is pretty much stock. I run 93 octane. I have been playing around with 3,4 and 5psi over stock. Today I was looking at the JB1 hooked up to my car and noticed under maps (upper right hand corner) I have maps 0 through 8. I know the JB1 only has 0,1 and 3. I am able to select any map and it saves. I also selected map 6 and was able to select different boost and different RPMs. Is it possible I have the JB4? I just selected map 2 and is saved. Now when its saving it says JB4 saving. A little confused....
Thanks for any replies. Note: I don't have the bluetooth connection. I use my labtop.
(#6306)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50
Default 05-15-2022, 05:38 PM

Disregard previous post. I have a JB1.