JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2021 Hyundai Sonata N-Line
Default Sonata N-Line | Gulfport Dragway - 05-14-2022, 06:49 AM

Hi friends,

First time in a while at a Dragway. Probably 15 years. Was a hot and muggy day.

First few runs was seeing 116 and 120 degree IATs. Last run I took the SXTH intake cover off and raised hood in staging and that final run saw 105 which was a pretty large improvement since the weather only dropped 1 degree and still humid as heck.

Overall, I couldn’t get a low 13. Consistently 13.4 and 13.5. We have a confirmed slip of another Sonata N-Line JB4 Map3 with a 12.8 which is great to see. Their track and air temps were way better. 65F air and 75-100 IATs so that definitely will make probably a massive difference.

Best 60 foot of 2.2 were coming with launch control and front tires at 21 psi. Only 0.05 off the 12.8 60 ft so thinking the temps were basically a killer for getting anything 13.2 or better. Obviously the more aggressive map helps for 10-15 Hp.

I did screw up a run, it would have been the best. I wanted to shift before computer shifted and I had the worst case happen on a run. I hit the paddle a split second too late and car up shifted automatically. And then immediately up shifted again. So I downshifted and ran it through with another up shift. This was going to be the best run. With this hot mess the run was a 13.5 at 107. This would probably have been 13.2 ish? Either way the car felt much better with the 105 IAT than an hour earlier at 116-120+. It’s the south, so thinking I won’t get much more track time in lower temps.

Logs attached and links to draggy videos. Second video has the user error for a double shift. The draggy was always within 0.05 on timing but consistently 2-3 mph lower than track slips.

Gulfport Dragway | Sonata N-Line - YouTube
1/4 Mile Double Shift ruins best time | Sonata N-Line - YouTube
Attached Files
File Type: csv P20_M2_R3_220513_2032.csv (302.9 KB, 4 views)

2021 Sonata N-Line | JB4 | SXTH intake | Custom 3 Exhaust | Megan Racing Coilovers | Konig Ampliforms | Firestone Indy 500 | Broken Driver Mod

Last edited by BiPolarXpres; 05-14-2022 at 07:21 AM..
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-14-2022, 08:41 AM

On traps I'd probably trust dragy more as sometimes strips place the cone too close together or too far apart throwing off their average used for speed calculations.

Were you spinning off the line? IAT was up there and not helping power but tuning otherwise seems OK.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2021 Hyundai Sonata N-Line
Default 05-14-2022, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On traps I'd probably trust dragy more as sometimes strips place the cone too close together or too far apart throwing off their average used for speed calculations.

Were you spinning off the line? IAT was up there and not helping power but tuning otherwise seems OK.
Thanks Terry. Figured temps was hurting the most. Shame since the temps came down a couple degrees but humidity cut in half right after close.

Spun a little, maybe half second, or slightly more, and it would grip back up. Ill have to watch again and check.

Does MAP3 and some E85 mixed in help overcome higher temps a little?

2021 Sonata N-Line | JB4 | SXTH intake | Custom 3 Exhaust | Megan Racing Coilovers | Konig Ampliforms | Firestone Indy 500 | Broken Driver Mod