JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1451)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda3 2.5 Turbo AWD
Default Yesterday, 11:59 AM

That makes sense and I completely understand what you're saying. I'm fairly impressed with the performance of this car, having only mild bolt-ons and a piggyback, but I would also like to see what times could be achieved with an intercooler, charge pipes, a down pipe, a custom ECU tune and stickier tires.

JB4, CorkSport intake, CorkSport heat shield, CorkSport strut bar, CorkSport midpipe with resonator delete, CorkSport axle-back, CorkSport lowering springs, Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus 215/45R18 tires and Avid.1 AV.20 18x8 +35 matte bronze wheels.
(#1452)
Old

Default Yesterday, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPackABS
Good evening. What's the latest firmware version now?
The current stable version is JB4_P3_MAZDA_4_T4 and the current beta version is JB4_P3_MAZDA_5.

JB4, CorkSport intake, CorkSport heat shield, CorkSport strut bar, CorkSport midpipe with resonator delete, CorkSport axle-back, CorkSport lowering springs, Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus 215/45R18 tires and Avid.1 AV.20 18x8 +35 matte bronze wheels.
(#1453)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback (M3TH)
Default Yesterday, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaycollins
The current stable version is JB4_P3_MAZDA_4_T4 and the current beta version is JB4_P3_MAZDA_5.
Is that the Firmware Version 3/4/5? What changes are their on the Beta 5?

M3TH user
TransModel = A Mazda but identifies itself as a BMW
(#1454)
Old

Car: 2017 Golf TSi 1.8L
Default Yesterday, 05:18 PM

Quote:
That makes sense and I completely understand what you're saying. I'm fairly impressed with the performance of this car, having only mild bolt-ons and a piggyback, but I would also like to see what times could be achieved with an intercooler, charge pipes, a down pipe, a custom ECU tune and stickier tires.
I will say that dang, there is so little room under the hood to get to anything, just looks so "busy" with a larger engine shoe-horned in there. I wonder if there will be much room to do bigger intercooler and charge pipes on the 3 when CorkSport does have some of these items for the CX-5 already. I know the turbo inlet pipe is coming out soon, and a DP is apparently on the way too. But it looks like Mazda has designed this in the 3 to run hot normally intentionally, which is just strange to me compared to previous cars. Oh well, I'm happy with how much the JB4 is indeed helping for now, I'll try to keep this thread a little more on-topic, and I'll try to see what kind of temps and times I can pull off with an ethanol mix now my car is "broken in" and have the air flow mods, that should be fun for now!

Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, strut tower brace, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield, CorkSport axle-back exhaust, waiting for mid-section on backorder.
(#1455)
Old

Default Yesterday, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPackABS
Is that the Firmware Version 3/4/5? What changes are their on the Beta 5?
"1) Adjusted TEMP_IAT logging channel to reflect charge temperature, post intercooler (I think).
2) Moved MAF air temperature over to ign6 channel.
3) Added pre intercooler charge air temperature under trans temp."

(#1456)
Old

Default Yesterday, 09:45 PM

Quote:
"1) Adjusted TEMP_IAT logging channel to reflect charge temperature, post intercooler (I think).
2) Moved MAF air temperature over to ign6 channel.
Yep, and I appreciate all the different readings as they really help tell the big picture!

Since 1. is easily the highest of the 3, I'm assuming it is actual intake manifold temp with hot EGR gases already mixed back in, to be clear. That is what I monitor live as one of the 6 gauges and the one I refer to as normally is allowed to get up to 120+, in fact I see 130 or so as "normal" and is the one I can now keep low, within 20 or so of ambient with normal driving until one good pull with my air flow mods that before would hit 110+ even in normal driving. It's my educated guess that I believe this is intentional by Mazda to help prevent carbon build up, help emissions and provide consistent performance. The ability to keep this lower does seem to result in higher performance, but so far air flow mods for the hood seem to help a lot only until the first big pull, then helps much less, but still some after this.

I'm now assuming that 3., pre-intercooler, under trans temp, is what the ECU determines at what point to open AGS/start IC H2O coolant circulation, I'll have to pay closer attention to that now too.

I'm happy to say that having an intake with/heatshield that uses stock snorkel feed that 2. stays within a few degrees of ambient. Since you have the same intake setup as me, I'm sure you would notice this as well if you check the logs or gauges under IGN6.

Mazda 3/CX-30 BETA tester BMS267264 - '22 Platinum Quartz Metallic M3TH - Performance mods: 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels, strut tower brace, JB4, CorkSport Intake w/heatshield, CorkSport axle-back exhaust, waiting for mid-section on backorder.
(#1457)
Old

Default Today, 01:56 AM

Quote:
"
Is anyone else not seeing this in the logs? Is this a gauge only option? It would be nice if this was logged so I could compare to the other two, which are indeed right in the logs. For the MAF temp that is listed under IGN6, just drop the decimal point to get the intake temp in F...

(#1458)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 Turbo Carbon Edition
Default Today, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree
Is anyone else not seeing this in the logs? Is this a gauge only option? It would be nice if this was logged so I could compare to the other two, which are indeed right in the logs. For the MAF temp that is listed under IGN6, just drop the decimal point to get the intake temp in F...

Look at Temp_Trans for pre intercooler temperature on the 3.
(#1459)
Old

Default Today, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymwalk
Look at Temp_Trans for pre intercooler temperature on the 3.
Right, but that was my question, it's not in the logs at all, must be a gauge option only thing...

(#1460)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 Turbo Carbon Edition
Default Today, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Right, but that was my question, it's not in the logs at all, must be a gauge option only thing...
I can assure you it is in the logs. Change the graph settings to display the additional data.
(#1461)
Old

Default Today, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymwalk
I can assure you it is in the logs. Change the graph settings to display the additional data.
I don't use the graph function, it's much too small to view and manipulate on a phone very efficiently at all, it's a total pain. I have always exported the log as a spreadsheet. Now that I open the graph and see the settings I see there are a number items that are missing from the spreadsheet, that really sucks when it all should just be exported and included on the spreadsheet. I didn't pay all this money for a JB4 AND an app that doesn't export all the data, I guess I'm just gonna have to leave the app a bad review and maybe they will fix that. Not BMS fault, I know a 3rd party developer does the app, but this is BS. Out of all the data points there are only a handful not exported to the spreadsheet, I don't understand why they all can't just be exported.

Edit: OK, looks like it's called "transf" on the spreadsheet, and temp_water is called "waterf" on the spreadsheet. It's certainly not helpful and just confusing to have different names for the same thing between the graph and spreadsheet and only mention one of them when a spreadsheet is FAR easier to scroll through and use. That's why a more complete guide with all the terms and differences in names used between the graph and spreadsheet would be nice.

Last edited by danbfree; Today at 09:02 AM..
(#1462)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Post your CSV as it should be there

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.